Nicholson Residence by Matt Gibson A+D
Beautiful modern family house designed by Matt Gibson A+D is located in Middle Park, Australia.
Description by Matt Gibson A+D
This renovation involved the renovation of a Federation single fronted terrace within a heritage overlay including the provision of a series of first floor level spaces that cantilever deep into a previously treed rear of the site. The rear addition presents as a long, tall timber-clad tube wrapped around the remaining existing boundary walls and cleared out GFL interior. The newer works provide a more generous engagement with the exterior and garden foliage via extensive use of glass and continuity of material externally. A whimsical and artistic ‘giving back’ to the parkland legacy is provided at first floor level in the form of a steel sheet external graphic ‘appliqué’ and internal decal. This provides texture and interest for both interior and exterior whilst enabling a functional Planning outcome preventing overlooking to neighbours. The colour and material palette is deliberately restrained so as not to compete with the exterior, or with the family’s accumulated artwork and furnishings.
Products You May Like
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- Sala Ayutthaya Hotel by Onion
- Ribbon Chapel by Hiroshi Nakamura & NAP
- Modern Ranch by Poet Interiors
- Wooden Interior by Coblonal Arquitectura