Chasen Residence by In Situ Studio
Affordable, small, modern and urban single family residence designed in 2012 by In Situ Studio located downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, USA.
Description by In Situ Studio
The Chasen Residence is in a hip and growing, yet historic, neighborhood several blocks east of downtown Raleigh. Representing a new house type in Raleigh, this house is affordable, small, modern and urban. The efficient plan confines the entries, stairs, hallway, kitchen, and half bath to one side of the house, opening up the rest of the space for living. The house has an efficient envelope and uses several sustainable strategies to collect and preserve energy. The upper floor is pushed towards the back of the lot to create a double-height living space at the street and a screened porch fronting the back yard. Total construction cost was $117 per square foot.
Products You May Like
- JI-House by Craft
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- Ribbon Chapel by Hiroshi Nakamura & NAP
- Modern Ranch by Poet Interiors
- Wooden Interior by Coblonal Arquitectura
- Casa V. by DOSIS
- Olive House by LOG-URBIS