Lookout House by Ike Kligerman Barkley
Ike Kligerman Barkley redesigned and extended this 1979 single-family luxury residence located in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
Description by Ike Kligerman Barkley
Clients chose to retain the eccentric 1979 structure of the property and commissioned a gut renovation and extension. The original pyramid form of the house, which is centered on an open-plan double-height living space surrounding an indoor pool, was lightened and simplified with a contemporary material palette (including bamboo, bluestone, and glass tile) and a new lighting program. A glass bridge—an “architectural synapse” that clearly differentiates old from new—connects the main house to the master suite. Like the original structure, the new suite is a large volume enclosing a smaller one—in this case, a freestanding cube, finished in claro walnut, that divides the sleeping and bath areas.
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects
- Cabin Norderhov by Atelier Oslo
- House Hohlen by Jochen Specht