Westridge Residence by Montalba Architects
In 2011 Montalba Architects transformed this once-dark home into a tranquil, airy Southern California retreat.
Description by Montalba Architects
While also capturing 270-degree views of downtown Los Angeles and the Pacific Ocean, this massive foundation-up renovation and second-story addition floods the once-dark interior with natural light and creates indoor-outdoor environments throughout. Floor to ceiling windows combine with natural ipe decks and rooftop rock gardens to extend view corridors and habitable areas at the south and west elevations. The lifted ceiling and custom two-sided stone fireplace create a continuous great room between the living and dining areas and main garden. The newly-added second story offers a separated haven for extended family, including mini-kitchen and secondary family room. Light-colored, beach-inspired materials such as white-washed oak floors, white stone, teak millwork, and ocean-toned glass tiles transform the home into a tranquil, airy Southern California retreat.
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects
- Cabin Norderhov by Atelier Oslo