Contemporary Home by Chris A. Dorsey
Wonderful warm and inviting contemporary home designed by Chris A. Dorsey located just a few blocks away from Grand Central Terminal in midtown Manhattan.
Description by Chris A. Dorsey
“When you walk in I want you to see that this is the home of two working professionals in creative fields” Kate Cummings says, and this light, open and airy one bedroom says exactly that. Just a few blocks away from Grand Central Terminal in midtown Manhattan, Kate, founder and principal of Freestyle Restyle, and her partner Griffin have a wonderfully warm and inviting contemporary home.
All too often, contemporary ‘modern’ apartments have a decor more akin to a Chelsea post-modern art gallery with everything hidden away except for a few perfectly displayed iconic modernist pieces by names like Knoll or Van de Rohe. The beauty of Kate and Griffin’s apartment is a balance between function and flow — a philosophy that Kate employs in her design business. The use of chunky organic pieces, open shelving and personal details highlight a warmth and personality that is unique to the couple, while creating an inviting environment for friends, family, and clients alike.
- Apartment in Foshan by C&C Design Group
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- Itaim Apartment by Diego Revollo Arquitetura
- Apartment in Stockholm by Stylescale
- Tribeca Penthouse by ODA New York
- Moscova House by Studio Gum
- Penthouse in North Sydney by Jodie Carter Design
- Loft Panzerhalle by Smartvoll
- This House by Taipei Base Design Center
- Home in Rådmansgatan by Dreamhouse Decorations