Tarrytown Residence by Steinbomer, Bramwell & Vrazel Architects
Steinbomer, Bramwell & Vrazel Architects updated, expanded and restored this 1950’s modernist residence located in Austin, Texas.
Description by Steinbomer, Bramwell & Vrazel Architects
Updating, expanding and restoring the original luster throughout this 1950’s modernist residence were the goals of both the owners and architect. A new entry courtyard, added for privacy from the street, features a pierced metal gate and is flanked by a series of freestanding, stucco walls and translucent glass panels. Extending the horizontal roofline over the courtyard, a redwood trellis defines the outdoor space as it casts a grid-like shadow pattern across the ground. Proportional consistency and dramatic plays of light and shadow between the courtyard and the new facade create a look of clean modernism and continuity between the existing home and the master suite addition.
The final design provides the owners with added privacy without sacrificing the home’s natural open character. The modern features of the home were preserved and enhanced by subtle touches to accentuate its unique and simple elegance.
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Retro Office by A3interior Design Studio
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Chelsea Townhouse by David Howell Design
- Soho Apartment by Fine Edge Designs
- Wooden Interior by Coblonal Arquitectura
- Casa IV by Suite Arquitetos
- White House by In2
- OSR House by OSR Interiors & Building Design