Pipers End House by Níall McLaughlin Architects
In Pipers End in Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, Níall McLaughlin Architects designed this modern minimalistic residence.
Description by Níall McLaughlin Architects
This new family house replaces a dilapidated farmhouse on 2 acre site in rural Hertfordshire. Planning permission for the house, which is within the Greenbelt, was awarded because the new house was demonstrated to be more sustainable in the long term than refurbishing the existing building.
The design of the new house is sensitive to its setting within an existing, mature landscape, including an orchard belonging to the original house.
The house and the new landscaping surrounding it are conceived in plan as five strips, characterised by different materials: a thicket of silver birch; a timber cabinet; a vitrine of timber framed glass; a loggia of steel columns supporting a perforate metal canopy and a concrete reflecting pool.
Products You May Like
- Vivienda Tres Torres by Pablo Peyra
- Modern Urban Home by Y Designs
- JI-House by Craft
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton