Magnolia Gardens by Rhodes Architecture + Light
Modern 3,595 sf residence designed by Rhodes Architecture + Light situated in Seattle, WA, USA.
Description by Rhodes Architecture + Light
The design utilized the foundations of an existing house built in 1954. Any comparison between the new and old structures ends there. The house was commissioned by a local developer as a speculative residence and sold immediately upon completion in the fall of 2006.
Taking advantage of a beautiful southwestern view of Elliott Bay and the West Seattle peninsula, Magnolia Gardens orients four bedrooms and bathrooms to gardens, terraces, and water views. The house’s dynamic modern form opens through a glass atrium on the north and glass curtain walls on the northwest and southwest.
In a spread featuring Magnolia Gardens, Northwest Home + Garden Magazine (Nov./Dec. 2006) listed Rhodes Architecture + Light as “One of the Top Regional Architects.”
This residence was developed by Highland Development and resulted from the collaboration of Rhodes Architecture + Light, the professional lighting design of LightWire, PAO Structural Engineering, and was built by Island Construction.
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects