Mill Valley Residence by Yamamar Design
Located above San Francisco, in Marin County, this beautiful 3,200 sf single family residence was designed in 2009 by Yamamar Design.
Description by Yamamar Design
Two opposing roofs define public and private zones in this Marin County house, playing on the Glenn Murcutt notion of a good house having both “prospect and refuge”. The house is sited in a grove of eucalyptus trees, drinks in southern light and the cleansed air of the pacific just over the coastal ridge.
Sustainable materials and systems: high fly ash concrete, FSC certified and untreated select tight knot western red cedar, reclaimed hardwood flooring, thermally broken aluminum windows, photovoltaic solar power, locally sourced ceramic and glass tile, standing seam metal roof to eliminate rainwater born particulate, natural ventilation, optimized daylight.
Products You May Like
- JI-House by Craft
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects