Concrete House by Wespi de Meuron Architekten
This modern 1,593 sf concrete residence designed by Swiss Wespi de Meuron Architekten is situated on a steep slope in Sant’Abbondio, Switzerland.
Description by Wespi de Meuron Architekten
This house is standing on a steep slope in S. Abbondio, it’s designed for two people and their guests. The property adjoins on three sides to existing and new constructions, while to the downhill side it’s attached at the access road and above it provides free views to the Lake Maggiore and to the mountains. The cleareasy-cut volumetry and also the naturalistic materializing of the concrete in the same colour like the natural rocks, integrates the new building with caution in the heterogeneous area. Concrete gets the natural stone of the modern era,
The irregularly positioned window perforations maintain the monolith and create a sculptural unit. Spartan rooms and courtyards open up horizontally and vertically to water, forests and mountains, light and sun, they live from the poetry of nature.
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects
- Cabin Norderhov by Atelier Oslo
- House Hohlen by Jochen Specht
- Le 205 by Atelier Moderno