Venice Loft by Gary Hutton Design
Amazing contemporary loft apartment inspired by skate and beach culture situated in Abbot Kinney, Venice, California.
Description by Gary Hutton Design
A weekend retreat for gallery owners, the project conveys a sense of place and a subconscious understanding of Venice Beach, CA.
Inspired by the geometry of the Abbot Kinney neighborhood map, the GHD team engineered a massive, laser cut steel canopy that transitions into the three-story space. The blackened steel is drawn through the white interior with Powder Room cladding, stair treads, and custom lighting.
Skate and beach culture inspired a riff on graffiti art, and a young, local artist was more than happy to tag the black Powder Room walls with vibrant colors and shapes.
And let’s not forget dumbbells on Venice Beach…
- Apartment in Milan by 23bassi Studio di Architettura
- Home in Stockholm by Interior by Fredrica
- Apartment in Dnepropetrovsk by Svoya Studio
- Apartment in Sofia by Pavel Yanev
- Three Room Apartment by KDVA Architects
- Black and White Minimalism by GAO architects
- Apartment in Warsaw by Nasciturus Design
- Apartment in Yekaterinburg by Hot Walls
- Apartment in Kungsladugård
- Loft in Zurich by Arcs Architekten