Private Barn in Ohio by Blackburn Architects
Historic German-style bank barn situated in Cleveland, Ohio, turned into a private family entertainment space by Blackburn Architects.
Description by Blackburn Architects
This project salvages a historic German-style bank barn that fell into serious decay and readapts it into a private family entertainment space. The barn had to be straightened, stabilized, and moved to a new location off the road as required by local zoning. Design plans maintain the integrity of the bank barn and reuses lumber. The traditional details juxtapose modern amenities including two bedrooms, two loft-style dayrooms, a large kitchen for entertaining, dining room, and family room with stone fireplace. Finishes are exposed throughout. A highlight is a two-level porch: one covered, one screened. The backside of the barn provides privacy and the perfect place to relax and enjoy full, unobstructed views of the property.
Products You May Like
- JI-House by Craft
- Modern Barn by Joan Heaton Architects
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co