City View House by Russian for Fish
This studio located in London, UK was recently completely redesigned by Pereen d’Avoine of Russian for Fish.
Description by Russian for Fish
Located in a converted industrial bakery in Bethnal Green, the former studio consisted of an open plan living/ eating/ dining space with separate bathroom and raised sleeping platform. The old layout offered little privacy for the owners, both busy professionals. Pereen d’Avoine has ingeniously reconfigured the space to create a large and open living space, separate double bedroom with en suite bathroom, guest WC and private work station on the mezzanine level.
A large window has been inserted into the east wall of the apartment (pictured above), creating a dual aspect, and flooding the newly positioned kitchen with morning light. The former space focussed all the amenities (including kitchen and living room) towards the front of the apartment to catch the only natural light, whereas the new window allows the kitchen to be a focal point at the rear of the apartment and opens up the entire space.
By moving the kitchen to the rear and near the entrance, half of the front of the apartment became free for a substantial en suite double bedroom with large folding partition doors connecting the space directly to the main living area. Folding doors were specifically selected to offer flexible, open living space, or a private retreat and sanctuary when the doors to the bedroom are closed.
As well as creating a double bedroom, the reconfiguration also allowed Pereen and her partner to divide the large existing bathroom into an en suite, and a separate guest WC that is accessible from the kitchen.
Products You May Like
- Upper East Side Residence by Pepe Calderin Design
- Apartment in Barcelona by Estudio Miriam Barrio
- Apartment in Milan by Disegnoinopera
- Arum Apartment by Studio Strato
- Loft in Italy by IDEeA Interior Design e Architettura
- Boston Waterfront Condo by FBN Construction
- Modern flat in Moscow by Kerimov Architects
- Inspiring Home in Bari by Davide Tarricone
- Frederiksberg Apartment by RUM4 // Kristian Lillelund
- Flatiron Private Residence by Oda New York