Villa Anemolia by MplusM
Greek architecture company MplusM recently redesigned this villa situated in a quiet village on the island of Santorini.
Description by MplusM
This renovation is in Megalochori, an introverted and quiet village in Santorini.
Dealing with a preexisting house, we wanted the new hotel to reach a level of heightened simplicity. The three vaulted rooms were preserved with minimum alterations. All previous furniture was removed – we chose built-in beds, wardrobes that merge with the walls and wooden sofa beds that flank the living area.
Traditional vaulted structures in Santorini are typically cavernous, embedded in the volcanic soil and this unit is no exception; windows open only to the side of the courtyard. Thus we opted for additional light sources; new skylights and small wall recesses with embedded lights offer a dispersal of luminosity from hidden light sources.
New planted areas in the courtyard and roof terrace upgrade all outdoor areas and become the primary backdrop for a pleasant stay.
- Kenshō Boutique Hotel & Suites by CMH
- Summer House by Sinas Architects
- Residence In Syros 2 by Block722
- Residence in Syros by Block722
- Single Family House by BC Estudio Architects
- Albatross by Andreas Chadzis and Myrto Kampaloni
- Maison Kamari by React Architects
- Apartment in Kifissia by AD Architects
- Villas Mani by hhharchitects
- Architect's Villa by HHH Architects