Villa Anemolia by MplusM
Greek architecture company MplusM recently redesigned this villa situated in a quiet village on the island of Santorini.
Description by MplusM
This renovation is in Megalochori, an introverted and quiet village in Santorini.
Dealing with a preexisting house, we wanted the new hotel to reach a level of heightened simplicity. The three vaulted rooms were preserved with minimum alterations. All previous furniture was removed – we chose built-in beds, wardrobes that merge with the walls and wooden sofa beds that flank the living area.
Traditional vaulted structures in Santorini are typically cavernous, embedded in the volcanic soil and this unit is no exception; windows open only to the side of the courtyard. Thus we opted for additional light sources; new skylights and small wall recesses with embedded lights offer a dispersal of luminosity from hidden light sources.
New planted areas in the courtyard and roof terrace upgrade all outdoor areas and become the primary backdrop for a pleasant stay.
- Porto Fira Suites by Interior Design Laboratorium
- Olion Villa AA by Ark4lab of Architecture
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Porto Heli Villa by Stokas Construction
- Apartment in Athens by GEM Architects
- Kenshō Boutique Hotel & Suites by CMH
- Summer House by Sinas Architects
- Residence In Syros 2 by Block722