Bray’s Island I by Surber Barber Choate & Hertlein
Designed by Surber Barber Choate & Hertlein Architects, this modern two-storey single family residence is situated in South Carolina, United States.
Description by Surber Barber Choate & Hertlein Architects
The design for this single family house began and ended with its compelling site. On a piece of dry ground between a pond and a freshwater marsh, the house’s site was ringed by a stand of unusually tall and thin live oak trees (which are typically more dense, thicker and lower to the ground). The functional program called for a generous living/gathering room, kitchen & dining, a screened porch, and attendant utility functions. Instead of a segregated bedroom, the owner desired a sleeping loft contiguous with the main living space. The loft opens out to a covered porch with views across the marsh.
Products You May Like
- JI-House by Craft
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- Ribbon Chapel by Hiroshi Nakamura & NAP
- Modern Ranch by Poet Interiors
- Wooden Interior by Coblonal Arquitectura