Ao Studio by Keiji Ashizawa Design
Situated in the Saitama prefecture, Japan, this modern studio was designed in 2013 by Tokyo-based Keiji Ashizawa Design.
Description by Keiji Ashizawa Design
The layout of the apartment reflects the lifestyle of the clients, a pattern-maker and restaurateur, whom both required specialist spaces to allow them to work from home. They also wanted a relaxed, spacious living area where they could enjoy entertaining friends.
In response to their needs, Keiji Ashizawa Design removed all existing internal partitions, revealing a light filled space with several large windows – one connecting to an external balcony almost the size of the apartment itself. An open plan living space with adjoining studio are at the centre of the new arrangement, with bedroom and bathroom, hidden from sight, within a brightly coloured blue pod – in this sense, the apartment functions more as an open studio, with importance given to the notion of activity and gathering.
Built-in furniture was incorporated into the design where possible to emphasis openness – in the dining room, a bench seat also serves as a step to the outdoor living space.
Ao is the Japanese word for the colour ‘Blue’.
Products You May Like
- Casa PP by Sarah Pidatella
- Familny Apartment by Za-Za Interior Design
- Muzha Micro Flat by Phoebesayswow Architects
- Apartment in Barcelona by Egue Y Seta
- Apartment Redesign by QBarquitectos
- Attico Vicenza by Anna Laura Businaro
- Apartment in Israel by Dana Shaked
- Modern Apartment by Menichetti+Caldarelli
- Student's Apartment by Timur Sharipov
- Rural Apartment by Normless