Ao Studio by Keiji Ashizawa Design
Situated in the Saitama prefecture, Japan, this modern studio was designed in 2013 by Tokyo-based Keiji Ashizawa Design.
Description by Keiji Ashizawa Design
The layout of the apartment reflects the lifestyle of the clients, a pattern-maker and restaurateur, whom both required specialist spaces to allow them to work from home. They also wanted a relaxed, spacious living area where they could enjoy entertaining friends.
In response to their needs, Keiji Ashizawa Design removed all existing internal partitions, revealing a light filled space with several large windows – one connecting to an external balcony almost the size of the apartment itself. An open plan living space with adjoining studio are at the centre of the new arrangement, with bedroom and bathroom, hidden from sight, within a brightly coloured blue pod – in this sense, the apartment functions more as an open studio, with importance given to the notion of activity and gathering.
Built-in furniture was incorporated into the design where possible to emphasis openness – in the dining room, a bench seat also serves as a step to the outdoor living space.
Ao is the Japanese word for the colour ‘Blue’.
Products You May Like
- Apartment in Milan by Disegnoinopera
- Arum Apartment by Studio Strato
- Loft in Italy by IDEeA Interior Design e Architettura
- Boston Waterfront Condo by FBN Construction
- Modern flat in Moscow by Kerimov Architects
- Inspiring Home in Bari by Davide Tarricone
- Frederiksberg Apartment by RUM4 // Kristian Lillelund
- Flatiron Private Residence by Oda New York
- Loft in New York by Oda New York
- Yuhua Apartment by FAN Life