Casa H by Bojaus
Modern minimalist single family residence designed in 2013 by Bojaus located in a typical suburban area in Madrid, Spain.
Description by Bojaus
Casa H is located in a typical suburban area in Madrid, where the houses in small individual plots are often too close to each other. In this situation the challenge was to combine a certain degree of privacy with the desire to open big windows, merging interior and exterior in a continuous, naturally-lit space. The proximity of the houses surrounding the plot led to the development of a system of voids, deep windows, and patios which would allow for these large openings without sacrificing the equally important need for privacy.
The volume is the result of the strict application of local urban regulations: maximum occupation, perimeter definition, alignments, maximum height, and the following subtraction of voids, porches, and patios in order to accomplish the FAR (floor area ratio). The result is a pure and simple prism (65 x 29 x 29 feet) drilled by big hollow voids that are connected, generating and organizing the interior space.
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple