Garage Conversion by i29 Interior Architects
i29 Interior Architects turned a former garage space located in Amsterdam, Netherlands into a spacious house naturally lit by large roof lights.
Description by i29 Interior Architects
A formerly garage space in Amsterdam’s area de Pijp, turned into a spacious house naturally lit by large roof lights. The interior with a generous 230m2 on one floor level is finished in a simple material palette. The repetition of rectangular rough oak wooden surfaces is in great contrast with the stark white walls, black surfaces and grey cast flooring.
The custom designed kitchen includes a large wooden sliding door to cover integrated storage areas, with a contrasting black cooking island in front. Built-in cabinets and a fireplace have the same characteristics and contrast in materials. Wooden walls from top to bottom with built-in doors are marking the entrance to the more private areas such as bed- and bathrooms.
Outdoors is a patio in between the living- and master bedroom. In order to connect inside and out, i29 interior architects designed a 20 m2 hand knotted carpet with a natural mossy pattern. The excess of natural light in combination with the soft layer of green and beige resembles the outdoor experience while being inside.
- White Apartment by Yael Perry
- Casa SM by Davide Conconi
- Triplex Apartment by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- Yarraville House by Perversi-Brooks Architects
- Apartment in Odessa by Fateeva Design
- Cube Apartment by Arjaan De Feyter
- Camberwell House by AM Architecture
- Modular House by Zrobym Architects
- House in Valencia by Gallardo Llopis Arquitectos
- Solare San Ángel Apartment