Brick House by Clare Cousins Architects
The Brick House is an addition and renovation to a single fronted Edwardian house in Prahran, Australia.
Description by Clare Cousins Architects
Craving privacy from looming neighbouring flats two new structures were conceived to cocoon a private central courtyard space between them.
Designed for a young family the house caters for their needs now and in the future. A flexible space, referred to as the studio, is housed on top of the new garage forming a double story mass at the rear of the site to help screen large neighbouring buildings. The single story addition to the house engages with the garden with its meandering facade of glass and brick.
Photography by Shannon McGrath
Products You May Like
- Rozelle by COSO Architecture
- Marine Parade by Western Select Products
- Rose House by JRSconsult Architects + Engineers
- House Redesign by Stuart Osman Building Designs
- Bondi Townhouse by The Designory
- Mews House by Hogarth Architects
- Portsea Residence by FGR Architects
- Luxury Home by Pascon Group
- Oxford Street Apartment by Design + Diplomacy
- House in Kew by Seidler Group