Neutral Bay House by Downie North Architects
This inspiring single family house is located in Neutral Bay, Sydney, Australia. It was completely redesigned in 2013 by Downie North Architects.
Description by Downie North Architects
An unaltered and blinkered 1920s semi-detached house with no relationship to its site is reworked to accommodate the needs of a young family to enjoy sunlight, embrace its small garden, and carefully curate and frame its outlook to achieve a space that extends beyond its confined urban site.
The light shelf, which bounces daylight deep into the room, was designed to keep the sun skirting outside the building in summer but also allow deep solar penetration in winter. Above the light shelf, operable windows capture prevailing ocean breezes and cross ventilate the space, while flushing out excess heat.
Photography Felipe Neves
- Home in Eltham North by Crib Creative
- House in Albert Park Village by Kirsty Ristevski
- Residence in Hollywood Hills by Struere
- Dorman House by Austin Maynard Architects
- Retreat in Sweden by Bjurfors Home
- South Yarra Residence by Urban Angles
- Rye Residence by Urban Angles
- Summer House by Anttinen Oiva Architects
- Duplex Apartment by Rosko Family Design
- Del Mar Residence by Nick Noyes Architecture