Neutral Bay House by Downie North Architects
This inspiring single family house is located in Neutral Bay, Sydney, Australia. It was completely redesigned in 2013 by Downie North Architects.
Description by Downie North Architects
An unaltered and blinkered 1920s semi-detached house with no relationship to its site is reworked to accommodate the needs of a young family to enjoy sunlight, embrace its small garden, and carefully curate and frame its outlook to achieve a space that extends beyond its confined urban site.
The light shelf, which bounces daylight deep into the room, was designed to keep the sun skirting outside the building in summer but also allow deep solar penetration in winter. Above the light shelf, operable windows capture prevailing ocean breezes and cross ventilate the space, while flushing out excess heat.
Photography Felipe Neves
Products You May Like
- Empty Nest by Carnemark Design + Build
- Retreat in Oisterwijk by Ina Matt
- Rose House by JRSconsult Architects + Engineers
- Efjord Retreat by Stinessen Arkitektur
- House Redesign by Stuart Osman Building Designs
- Bondi Townhouse by The Designory
- Portsea Residence by FGR Architects
- Luxury Home by Pascon Group
- Oxford Street Apartment by Design + Diplomacy
- House in Kew by Seidler Group