Neutral Bay House by Downie North Architects
This inspiring single family house is located in Neutral Bay, Sydney, Australia. It was completely redesigned in 2013 by Downie North Architects.
Description by Downie North Architects
An unaltered and blinkered 1920s semi-detached house with no relationship to its site is reworked to accommodate the needs of a young family to enjoy sunlight, embrace its small garden, and carefully curate and frame its outlook to achieve a space that extends beyond its confined urban site.
The light shelf, which bounces daylight deep into the room, was designed to keep the sun skirting outside the building in summer but also allow deep solar penetration in winter. Above the light shelf, operable windows capture prevailing ocean breezes and cross ventilate the space, while flushing out excess heat.
Photography Felipe Neves
Products You May Like
- Gable House by Sheri Haby Architects
- Avalon Home by Villa and Villa
- Hiro-En House by Matt Gibson A+D
- North Bondi II Residence by Tobias Partners
- Lake Minnetonka Retreat by Snow Kreilich Architects
- Residence in Broadbeach by Donna Guyler Design
- Birkedal House by Jan Henrik Jansen
- Fitzroy North House by MMAD Architecture
- Brighton House by Jost Architects
- Huxley Residence by APG Homes