Monolithic House by Brain Factory
Designed in 2013 by Brain Factory, this contemporary 1,830 sq ft apartment is located in the Italian town of Castrovillari.
Description by Brain Factory
The Monolithic House is an apartment located in Castrovillari (CS), in the southern Italy, so defined because the creative concept behind the project plays with the volumetric subtractions of a monolithic block. The majestic views of the Pollino massif mountains, clearly visible from the luminous windows of the apartment, lead to the choice of the stone as conceptual raw material. In addition to stone, predominant natural material is the wood that warms the environment from the entrance, place where it is immediately enveloped in a surreal atmosphere: a rain of Swarovski crystals adorned the walls, dotted of sparkles. Constructive tension element of interior design around which takes place the open space is the monolithic block, ie the stone wall’s partition between kitchen and living room, characterized by a window which performs the dual function of table or support plane.
- Whistler Residence by Evoke International Design
- Private Residence by Lewandowski Architects
- House in Ibiza by Metroarea
- Clyde North House by Carlisle Homes
- Skyline House by Terry and Terry Architecture
- Apartment in Shanghai by Wei Yi International
- Magic Cabinet by Mayan Gabay
- T House by IDIN Architects
- Duplex in Megeve by Refuge
- House in Mernda by Carlisle Homes