Vertical Court by HYLA Architects
This modern semi-detached house situated in Singapore was designed in 2014 by HYLA Architects.
Description by Hyla Architects
A courtyard on two levels sits in the center of this semi-detached house. On the first level, a frangipani tree sits in the middle of a pond, framed by a timber-clad box. The double volume living room and the dining room wraps around this courtyard. The second story of the courtyard lies over the dining area and in front of the master bedroom. The full-height glass façade facing the courtyard is screened by interlocking vertical and horizontal timber members.
The courtyard offers the house a lot of privacy as well as letting in light into the center of the house. It also acts as a buffer against noise from a major road a distance away.
Photography courtesy of HYLA Architects
- Modern House by Mondo Builders
- Elliot Road Home by Klopper and Davis Architects
- Casa Pinto by Insite Architetture
- 3:2 House by MÉTODO
- Itamabuca House by Arquitetura Gui Mattos
- Cereal Abode by Pilbrow and Partners
- Industrial Modern by Boswell Construction
- Mozoquila House by Vieyra Arquitectos
- Rough House by Measured Architecture
- House in Muko by Fujiwaramuro Architects