Vertical Court by HYLA Architects
This modern semi-detached house situated in Singapore was designed in 2014 by HYLA Architects.
Description by Hyla Architects
A courtyard on two levels sits in the center of this semi-detached house. On the first level, a frangipani tree sits in the middle of a pond, framed by a timber-clad box. The double volume living room and the dining room wraps around this courtyard. The second story of the courtyard lies over the dining area and in front of the master bedroom. The full-height glass façade facing the courtyard is screened by interlocking vertical and horizontal timber members.
The courtyard offers the house a lot of privacy as well as letting in light into the center of the house. It also acts as a buffer against noise from a major road a distance away.
Photography courtesy of HYLA Architects
Products You May Like
- AG House by Rocco Borromini
- Sandaosa House by Hearth Architects
- Art Lovers House by Witt Architects
- Even Yehuda Residence by Neuman Hayner Architects
- House in Franklinford by Modscape
- Modern Lake House by Yiacouvakis Hamelin Architectes
- Modern House by Dettling-Architekten
- Apartment in Singapore by akiHAUS Design Studio
- Anguilla Park Home by Savina Nicolini
- House Pranayama by Architect Prineas