Vertical Court by HYLA Architects
This modern semi-detached house situated in Singapore was designed in 2014 by HYLA Architects.
Description by Hyla Architects
A courtyard on two levels sits in the center of this semi-detached house. On the first level, a frangipani tree sits in the middle of a pond, framed by a timber-clad box. The double volume living room and the dining room wraps around this courtyard. The second story of the courtyard lies over the dining area and in front of the master bedroom. The full-height glass façade facing the courtyard is screened by interlocking vertical and horizontal timber members.
The courtyard offers the house a lot of privacy as well as letting in light into the center of the house. It also acts as a buffer against noise from a major road a distance away.
Photography courtesy of HYLA Architects
- House in Singapore by JOW Architects
- LB House by Shachar Rozenfeld Architects
- Glenhaven Residence by Abramson Teiger Architects
- Hide and Seek House by Bower Architecture
- Courtyard House by De Rosee Sa
- House in St. Louis by Mitchell Wall Architecture & Design
- Through House by Materium
- Residence in Mersch by Massive Passive
- Adorable House by FORM / Kouichi Kimura Architects
- House K by Thomas Fabrinsky Freier