FT Residence by Reinach Mendonça Arquitetos
Situated in São Paulo, Brazil, this contemporary weekend residence was designed in 2014 by Reinach Mendonça Arquitetos Associados.
Description by Reinach Mendonça Arquitetos
In this holiday and weekend home in Sao Paulo, a steep terrain and a nice view were the main elements defining the location and volume of the project.
The southwest side of the house concentrates all circulation and vehicle access to connect the huge gap that characterizes the house due to its rich volume, with few openings.
On the other hand, to the northeast and northwest with a nice view of the countryside, is where the house opens with large glass panes and balconies facing towards the courtyard pool and leisure areas.
The structure of the basement and ground floor was designed in concrete and load bearing walls clad in stone. The upper floor, which houses the bedrooms, is all laminated wood frame and covered by metal acoustic tiles.
According to the best views of the northwest side, the project proposes large wooden lattice panels with steel frame that are flexible and can open or close entirely according to the requirements.
The proposal to design the entire top floor in a precast wood structure with a metal roof followed some guidelines of lightness that we wanted for the three floors, even on a site with a steep slope. Thus we define two very strong horizontal slabs, identifying the collective social areas with exposed concrete and intimate areas with wood.
Photography by Nelson Kon
- Beach House by Brandon Architects
- Delta Apartment by Gisele Taranto Arquitetura
- Lacau Residence by Upstairs Studio Architecture
- LB House by Shachar Rozenfeld Architects
- Apartment in Warsaw by Nasciturus Design
- Apartment in Moscow by ONI Architects
- Blue Lake Retreat by Lake Flato Architects
- Modern Oasis by Stofft Cooney Architects
- Home in Park City by Magleby Construction
- Aspen Home by DESIGN STUDIO Interior Solutions