Urban Treehouse by Baumraum
Located in Berlin, Germany, this modern treehouse was designed in 2014 by Baumraum.
Description by Baumraum
In the Urban Treehouses you are surrounded by nature and a little closer to the sky, however, not far from the urban life of the city of Berlin. The two unusual dwellings are located in a 650 sqm garden in a residential area on the edge of the Grunewald forest. Their shape resembles a tree: The wide trunk – paneled with wood – supplies the house with the necessary power and bears the tree crown, a 28 square meter lodge in solid wood. As a reference to the urban environment it is clad with a sculptural metal facade. At four meters height you can find everything you need: a combined bed- and living room with a small kitchen, a bathroom and a roofed terrace. At eye level with the tree tops you can watch birds and squirrels and look through the dense greenery in the Berlin sky. The lakes Krumme Lanke and Schlachtensee are close by, but the bakery, restaurants or a beer garden are within walking distance as well.
Photography by Suite030 / Laura Fiorio
- Single Family House by Blocher Blocher Partners
- House BG by Bau-werk-stadt Architekten
- House in Erkheim by Alfredo Häberli
- House Dia by Kerschberger Architekten
- Loft in Berlin by Santiago Brotons Design
- Project H by Schreinerei Leydorf
- Miller's House by asdfg Architekten
- Villa in Dormagen by Falke Architekten
- Villa in Munich by Michale Neumayr Design
- House in Pforzheim by flow.studio