Complex by FORM / Kouichi Kimura Architects
Designed in 2015 by FORM / Kouichi Kimura Architects, this office building / residence is situated in the Shiga prefecture, Japan.
Description by FORM / Kouichi Kimura Architects
The building is located along an arterial road with heavy traffic. The surrounding area is full of commercial facilities and condos. It was designed as an office building for a corporation, and consists of four layers including the garage on the first floor, the office on the second floor, and the guest house on the third and fourth floors. The solid walls of the façade are finished with rough steel plates, which enhance massiveness of the building. Meanwhile, the elaborately designed positions of the openings create the light appearance. And what characterizes the inner space of this building is the guest house designed on the third and fourth floors. The space of the two-tiered living room and dining kitchen is themed with light; The light-leading route that is laid out in the void produces variation in the cross section of the ceiling and visual clearance. The radiating light brings about tender atmosphere on the one hand, and creates crisp space on the other. The impressive design, which makes the best use of shade and shadow both in the external and internal spaces of the building, has become a local landmark that characterizes the corporate image.
Photography by Yoshihiro Asada
- Beach House by Brandon Architects
- Modern Oasis by Stofft Cooney Architects
- Aspen Home by DESIGN STUDIO Interior Solutions
- Sustainable House by Day Bukh Architects
- Project A by Laurène Baratte
- Barwon Heads Villa by Bower Architecture
- Wooden Box House by Moloney Architects
- Guest House by Azovskiy&Pahomova Architects
- Contemporary House by Madden Building Group
- Villa N1 by Jonas Lindvall A & D