Villa Melana by Studio 2 Pi Architecture
Designed by Panagiotis Papassotiriou of Studio 2 Pi Architecture, this contemporary seafront residence is situated in Greece.
Description by Studio 2 Pi Architecture
It all started as a simple snapshot; at a very steep site with a clear view towards the sea, a holiday retreat protects its inhabitants from the sun and the strong winds while soothing the senses under the moonlight.
We have placed the building at the only available naturally formed plateau in order to avoid unnecessary groundworks that could spoil the relief.
Simple elements to deal with a difficult and very unstable and steep terrain. The endless sea view and the enormity of the open horizon is overwhelming and therefore no great attempt is needed to frame the views.
White render reflects the sun, the stone cladding offers its thermal mass connecting the building with the surroundings and together protect the inhabitants from the weather conditions.
Photography by Erieta Attali, Panagiotis Papassotiriou, Valia Foufa, Pygmalion Karatzas
Products You May Like
- Duplex Apartment by Pitsou Kedem Architects
- Apartment in Rome by Franz Moscati
- Back in Black by 23bassi
- Duplex Folgueroles by Meritxell Ribé
- Apartment in Busto Arsizio by Archiplan
- Westlight by TEN Arquitectos
- DC 722 Apartment by Almazan y Arquitectos Asociados
- Hiro-En House by Matt Gibson A+D
- Patriarch Ponds by YØDezeen Architects
- Compound Q by DSDG Architects