Villa Melana by Studio 2 Pi Architecture
Designed by Panagiotis Papassotiriou of Studio 2 Pi Architecture, this contemporary seafront residence is situated in Greece.
Description by Studio 2 Pi Architecture
It all started as a simple snapshot; at a very steep site with a clear view towards the sea, a holiday retreat protects its inhabitants from the sun and the strong winds while soothing the senses under the moonlight.
We have placed the building at the only available naturally formed plateau in order to avoid unnecessary groundworks that could spoil the relief.
Simple elements to deal with a difficult and very unstable and steep terrain. The endless sea view and the enormity of the open horizon is overwhelming and therefore no great attempt is needed to frame the views.
White render reflects the sun, the stone cladding offers its thermal mass connecting the building with the surroundings and together protect the inhabitants from the weather conditions.
Photography by Erieta Attali, Panagiotis Papassotiriou, Valia Foufa, Pygmalion Karatzas
Products You May Like
- Living Mansarda by BFA - Barbara Fassoni Architects
- Sealine Villas by Dezone
- Lazadenas Apartment by Molins Design
- Cabbagetown Coach House by Core Architects
- Contemporary Home by Kata Koppany
- Glass and Stone Oasis by Merle
- Familny Apartment by Za-Za Interior Design
- PURO Kraków Kazimierz by Conran and Partners
- Mountain House by Gangoly & Kristiner Architekten
- Apartment in Barcelona by Egue Y Seta