Hocker Farm by Donald Architecture
Amazing stone cottage designed by Donald Architecture, situated in Longnor, Buxton, United Kingdom.
Description by Donald Architecture
Hocker Farm, a stone cottage in Longnor, Buxton is within The Peak District National Park. Given it’s National Park location, any development had to be in-keeping with the local context, which entirely formed the external appearance of the extension.
The brief was a new extension to the existing cottage to accommodate a number of rooms. Constrained in size by the original garage footprint, the challenge was creating the extra rooms within a relatively small volume of space. A ‘space-saving’ stair and an open plan approach to master en-suite, in part, enabled the brief to be met.
The internal spaces, free from planning constraints, were designed to be light, clean and contemporary and to contrast from the ‘cosy’ spaces of the original cottage. A glass-to-glass ridge rooflight serves to flood light to en-suite, stair and hall under.
Photography courtesy of Donald Architecture
Products You May Like
- House in Dolev by 1:1 One To One Design Studio
- The Pianist’s Home by XS Studio
- Private House in Costa Rica by Mare Design Center
- Casa Vista al Lago by Grupo Arquitectura
- Jazz Up Residence by SWG Studio
- Camden by Brandon Architects
- Villa Cesis by Schüco Sverige
- Ranger Ridge by Giulietti Schouten Architects
- East London Apartment by Kerry Hussain
- Duplex Apartment by Pitsou Kedem Architects