Hocker Farm by Donald Architecture
Amazing stone cottage designed by Donald Architecture, situated in Longnor, Buxton, United Kingdom.
Description by Donald Architecture
Hocker Farm, a stone cottage in Longnor, Buxton is within The Peak District National Park. Given it’s National Park location, any development had to be in-keeping with the local context, which entirely formed the external appearance of the extension.
The brief was a new extension to the existing cottage to accommodate a number of rooms. Constrained in size by the original garage footprint, the challenge was creating the extra rooms within a relatively small volume of space. A ‘space-saving’ stair and an open plan approach to master en-suite, in part, enabled the brief to be met.
The internal spaces, free from planning constraints, were designed to be light, clean and contemporary and to contrast from the ‘cosy’ spaces of the original cottage. A glass-to-glass ridge rooflight serves to flood light to en-suite, stair and hall under.
Photography courtesy of Donald Architecture
Products You May Like
- B -Two Residence by Cadence Architects
- Water Glass Villa by M-Architects
- Contemporary Residence by AMG Project
- Kyra Residence by Isabela Gasser
- Dnipro City Apartment by Tobi Architects
- Tuna Puna by Dasmod Real Estate Developments
- East Hampton Waterfront by Kevin O'Sullivan + Associates
- Residence G by W&Li Design
- Apartment in Kiev by U-Style
- Wrottesley Road House by Marsh & Parsons