Hocker Farm by Donald Architecture
Amazing stone cottage designed by Donald Architecture, situated in Longnor, Buxton, United Kingdom.
Description by Donald Architecture
Hocker Farm, a stone cottage in Longnor, Buxton is within The Peak District National Park. Given it’s National Park location, any development had to be in-keeping with the local context, which entirely formed the external appearance of the extension.
The brief was a new extension to the existing cottage to accommodate a number of rooms. Constrained in size by the original garage footprint, the challenge was creating the extra rooms within a relatively small volume of space. A ‘space-saving’ stair and an open plan approach to master en-suite, in part, enabled the brief to be met.
The internal spaces, free from planning constraints, were designed to be light, clean and contemporary and to contrast from the ‘cosy’ spaces of the original cottage. A glass-to-glass ridge rooflight serves to flood light to en-suite, stair and hall under.
Photography courtesy of Donald Architecture
- Villa Tramonto by GAA Architects
- Apartment in Paris by Rosko
- Villa Tirana by Studio Marco Piva
- Casa GG by Elías Rizo Arquitectos
- Apartment in Turin by Italia And Partners
- The Nelson by Dale Alcock Homes
- Yarrow Point Home by Brian Paquette Interiors
- Prenzlauer Berg Penthouse by BERLINRODEO
- House in Ketchum by Lloyd Construction
- Campo Belo Apartment by Julliana Camargo