Hocker Farm by Donald Architecture
Amazing stone cottage designed by Donald Architecture, situated in Longnor, Buxton, United Kingdom.
Description by Donald Architecture
Hocker Farm, a stone cottage in Longnor, Buxton is within The Peak District National Park. Given it’s National Park location, any development had to be in-keeping with the local context, which entirely formed the external appearance of the extension.
The brief was a new extension to the existing cottage to accommodate a number of rooms. Constrained in size by the original garage footprint, the challenge was creating the extra rooms within a relatively small volume of space. A ‘space-saving’ stair and an open plan approach to master en-suite, in part, enabled the brief to be met.
The internal spaces, free from planning constraints, were designed to be light, clean and contemporary and to contrast from the ‘cosy’ spaces of the original cottage. A glass-to-glass ridge rooflight serves to flood light to en-suite, stair and hall under.
Photography courtesy of Donald Architecture
Products You May Like
- Modern Industrial Farmhouse by Dessa Lea Productions
- Rozelle by COSO Architecture
- Belgica House by Amz Arquitetos
- Cottage by Guy Hollaway Architects
- Rose House by JRSconsult Architects + Engineers
- Townhouse Extension by Parasite Studio
- G2-House by Architect Show
- Future Contemporary by Studio In2
- House Redesign by Stuart Osman Building Designs
- Delray Beach Home by Lesly Maxwell Interiors