House 304 by Kientruc O
Designed in 2015 by Kientruc O, this narrow four-storey residence is situated in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Description by Kientruc O
In this house, we want to provoke an honest living experience for a young family living in a typical urban Vietnamese townhouse. Only 3.5mx12m in size, single façade facing an open street, the design context poses challenges to create a casual, well ventilated, and well lit space within a constrained building footage. Vertical expansion of the light well helps to maximize the desired spatial quality and conditions, while provoking a sense of openness and connectedness to nature as it open up to the sky.
House 304 is a combination of simple spatial functionality, contemporary materials, structure and construction methodology. Finishes with everyday material, white wall and timber, the focal point of the house is the interplay between light and nature. Airy, open, and provides uninterrupted view both inside out, and outside in, the residence still possess a sense of private and secure when needed.
Thus, the house is a pure representation depicting the life of a young Vietnamese family, that is straight forward, authetic and contented.
Photography by Oki Hiroyuki
- Allen Key House by Architect Prineas
- Suburban House by TTAT
- Apartment in Barcelona by Egue y Seta
- Carlo Alberto by Fabio Fantolino Studio
- KS House by Arquitetos Associados
- Private Residence by Studio Panoramico
- Casa Aqua by Vanguarda Arquitectos
- Wireframe Apartment by MUS Architects
- Private House by Emanuele Svetti
- Hill Street House by Christine Elliott Designs