House 304 by Kientruc O
Designed in 2015 by Kientruc O, this narrow four-storey residence is situated in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Description by Kientruc O
In this house, we want to provoke an honest living experience for a young family living in a typical urban Vietnamese townhouse. Only 3.5mx12m in size, single façade facing an open street, the design context poses challenges to create a casual, well ventilated, and well lit space within a constrained building footage. Vertical expansion of the light well helps to maximize the desired spatial quality and conditions, while provoking a sense of openness and connectedness to nature as it open up to the sky.
House 304 is a combination of simple spatial functionality, contemporary materials, structure and construction methodology. Finishes with everyday material, white wall and timber, the focal point of the house is the interplay between light and nature. Airy, open, and provides uninterrupted view both inside out, and outside in, the residence still possess a sense of private and secure when needed.
Thus, the house is a pure representation depicting the life of a young Vietnamese family, that is straight forward, authetic and contented.
Photography by Oki Hiroyuki
- Industrial Modern by Boswell Construction
- Casa Canto Cholul by Taller Estilo Arquitectura
- Mozoquila House by Vieyra Arquitectos
- Eagle Hill Residence by ODS Architecture
- Rough House by Measured Architecture
- House in Muko by Fujiwaramuro Architects
- Bright Apartment by Andrea Trebbi
- Minimalist House by Susanna Cots
- Residental Apartment by design studio .be
- Fitzroy North Home by Zunica Interior Architecture & Design