Gransden Avenue by Scenario Architecture
Located in London, United Kingdom, this beautiful bright residence was designed in 2014 by Scenario Architecture.
Description by Scenario Architecture
We were approached by our clients, a young family of 3 to redesign their home. The property had received previously been granted planning permission, however, the internal layout did not suit the clients’ needs. The site was challenging as it is part of a terrace that opens out to a hard landscaped internal community space/car park.
The key elements of our brief were to utilize daylight as much as possible, to allow the family to interact in an open space whilst maintaining a warm and engaging environment and to have a green space that can be seen from the living areas.
Through analysing the site and the day-to-day habits of the clients we developed a design that fulfils their needs. By lowering and glazing a section of the roof terrace, we were able to create a roof top garden that can be enjoyed from the kitchen and living areas. We also provided a central core to the house that lets light penetrate down to the first floor whilst simultaneously creating a continuous flow through the second floor.
Photography by Matt Clayton
- Home in Sydney by Mary Ellen Hudson Architects
- Kew Residence by Adie Courtney
- Dormer House by post Architecture
- Contemporary House in Northcote by Ola Studio
- Office Space by Atelier Pro Architects
- Studio Apartment in Moscow by KDVA Architects
- MK2 House by Canny Design
- House in Savyon by Dan & Hila Israelevitz Architects
- Attic Apartment by INDECORATE
- NT House by Baqueratta