Cocoon House by Landmak Architecture
This inspiring residence located in Vietnam was completely redesigned by Landmak Architecture.
Description by Landmak Architecture
This house is a block in a row house in the expensive New Urban area, but now seem to be neglected after the economic crisis in Vietnam. Within the regulation, the slope roof is a must when doing renovation… We want this place to be reborn, with a new form (full of energy, romantic, peaceful with an awareness of security) The old house structured is clustered and complicated, so we only add one floor and one mezzanine. The advantage of the place is the space at the front and the back of the house, with more nature approaching like garden. We decided to add a kitchen block at the back with the roof as the terrace for the master bedroom on the 2nd floor. The old balconies at both end of the house are skinned with ventilation brick block, Inside this skin is the green space for rain, wind and sunlight to shine through. This in a way can be seen as a cocoon, where we still have access to nature but also appreciated the security factor.
Photography by Trieu Chien
- Contemporary House by Carrera by Design
- Green Elephant by Azovskiy&Pahomova Architects
- Casa Abierta by R79
- Bougainvillea Row House by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- Chalet Design by Amdeco Architecture D'intérieur
- Home in Preston Hollow by Linda Fritschy Interior Design
- Trail House by Zen Architects
- Glass House in Escazú by Cañas Arquitectos
- Home in Paesana by Marco Bernini
- North Hyde Park Residence by Clark Richardson Architects