Villas Mani by hhharchitects
This modern Mediterranean villa situated in Mani, Greece, was designed in 2015 by hhharchitects.
Description by hhharchitects
The houses are located on an olive grove in Mani viewing the Messenian bay to the South and the mountain of Taygetos to the North. The complex consists out of six stone blocks placed in between the existing olive trees. The positioning of the stone volumes creates interesting spaces in between with neighborhood like characteristics such as the entrance courtyards and covered dining areas, paraphrasing elements of a Mani settlement. Spaces in between with views to the olive garden from one side and to the sea from the other side, brings the surrounding closer to the inside. The buildings are connected through light steel and transparent glass elements, highlighting the stone volumes and allowing the boundary between in and out to melt. The transparency of glass and the industrial character of the metal structures in dialogue with the massive stone blocks, creates tensions and interesting spaces. Traditional materials such as stone, wood and reeds are applied in a contemporary way, as for example the planking of the roof, the openings in the stone walls and the ceiling of the kitchen.
Photography by Nikos Daniilidis
Products You May Like
- Rozelle by COSO Architecture
- Belgica House by Amz Arquitetos
- Cottage by Guy Hollaway Architects
- Rose House by JRSconsult Architects + Engineers
- Townhouse Extension by Parasite Studio
- G2-House by Architect Show
- Future Contemporary by Studio In2
- House Redesign by Stuart Osman Building Designs
- Delray Beach Home by Lesly Maxwell Interiors
- Savona 18 by Cibicworkshop