Old School Residence by Standard Studio
Designed by Standard Studio and CASA architecten, this inspiring apartment is located in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Description by Standard Studio
Ons Dorp is a school building that got converted into different apartments. This particular one was designed for a family of five. The teacher’s lounge got remodelled into the bedrooms and the classroom into the living space.
Due to its high ceilings, it was possible to create maisonettes, which lead for the whole family to be together, but still remain with a bit of privacy. It meant that in the living area we could combine all five elements; kitchen, living room, dining room, play area for the children and work space into one.
Storage is of essence when designing for a family with three young children, therefore as a result furniture pieces were created under the stair cases that not only allowed for the children to put their toys, but also as a play and sitting area.
Concrete floors and steel staircases kept the characteristics of the school but when combined with plywood, it resulted in a bright and warm interior.
Photography courtesy of Standard Studio
- Spyglass Hill House by KRS Development
- Church Transformation by Scrafano Architects
- Contemporary House by Carrera by Design
- Green Elephant by Azovskiy&Pahomova Architects
- Casa Abierta by R79
- Bougainvillea Row House by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- Chalet Design by Amdeco Architecture D'intérieur
- Home in Preston Hollow by Linda Fritschy Interior Design
- Trail House by Zen Architects
- Glass House in Escazú by Cañas Arquitectos