Sagapnack Cottage by Axis Mundi Design
Designed by Blaze Makoid and Axis Mundi Design, this inspiring 1,920 sq ft shingle cottage is situated in Sagapnack, United States.
Description by Axis Mundi Design
The exterior of what looks like a vernacular Hamptons shingle cottage, designed by architect Blaze Makoid, is intentionally deceiving. For the interiors, Axis Mundi typically decided not to play by the rules. Instead of de rigeur nautical artifacts, floppy sofas and wicker furniture, the firm responded to Makoid’s all-white interior envelope by injecting rooms with comfortable modern elegance that’s more contemporary Cap Ferrat than Eastern Long Island. Clean furniture silhouettes—from Cassina, Poltrona Frau and B&B Italia—a Massimo Vitali beach scene, a Moooi chandelier and industrial finishes (such as the steel of the fireplace surround and the anodized aluminum of a sleek Bulthaup kitchen) spark a creative tension between indoors and out. The gray palette provides a quiet backdrop for the nature outside, except for the master suite, where custom oak panels and blue shades create a reassuring warmth conducive to sleep.
Photography by Mark Roskams
Products You May Like
- Apartment in New York by Interior Marketing Group
- Strand Beach by Carl Akins Company
- Evening Canyon by Carl Akins Company
- Living Levels by Oza Sabbeth Architects
- Upper East Side Residence by Pepe Calderin Design
- La Quinta Residence by Marmol Radziner
- House in Malibu by Hillstar Construction Services
- South Harbor by Blaze Makoid Architecture
- Boston Waterfront Condo by FBN Construction
- Open House by Eric Cobb