Strass Residence by MF Architecture
This two-storey private residence located in the US, was designed in 2017 by MF Architecture.
Description by MF Architecture
The L-Shaped configuration of the Strass Residence aims to subtly incorporate itself into the existing neighborhood fabric, while tucking the larger two-story private wing away from the street.
The design has an indirect yet celebrated entry, organizing a procession to the back yard. A large existing tree on the site separates the common areas from the private realms, along with a glazed corridor and distinctive staircase. The scheme enables open, airy, and light-filled interior spaces through carefully designed openings – each forming an intimate connection to the outdoors. The common areas bleed outside to enhance indoor-outdoor entertainment, while the private wing has its own secluded patio area.
Photography courtesy of MF Architecture
- 505 2nd Street Apartment by Ash NYC
- Home in Valladolid by Estudio Lätt
- Skýli Cabin by Utopia
- House in Ascot Vale by FGR Architects
- Residence in the Galilee by Golany Architects
- Concrete Brickhouse by Joris Verhoeven Architectuur
- Lumishell by Christophe Benichou
- Barton Hills Residence by Brett Grinkmeyer Architecture
- Private Residence by Duet Design Group
- Apartment Portugal by GDL Arquitetura