Hudson River Park by StudioLAB
Located in New York City, United States, this contemporary apartment was designed in 2017 by StudioLAB.
Description by StudioLAB
Across from Hudson River Park, the Classic 7 pre-war apartment had not renovated in over 50 years. The new owners, a young family with two kids, desired to open up the existing closed in spaces while keeping some of the original, classic pre-war details. Dark, dimly-lit corridors and clustered rooms that were a detriment to the brilliant natural light and expansive views the existing apartment inherently possessed, were demolished to create a new open plan for a more functional style of living. Custom charcoal stained white oak herringbone floors were laid throughout the space. The dark blue lacquered kitchen cabinets provide a sharp contrast to the otherwise neutral colored space. A wall unit in the same blue lacquer floats on the wall in the Den.
Photography courtesy of StudioLAB
Products You May Like
- Rozelle by COSO Architecture
- Marine Parade by Western Select Products
- Industrial Apartment by SHOKO.design
- Belgica House by Amz Arquitetos
- Stockholm Apartment by Move2
- Cottage by Guy Hollaway Architects
- Rose House by JRSconsult Architects + Engineers
- Townhouse Extension by Parasite Studio
- Triling Loft by Free Space Intent
- Kent Apartment by Gruppo Lithos Architettura