Cedarvale Ravine House by Drew Mandel Architects
This glass-enclosed single-storey residence designed by Drew Mandel Architects is located at the threshold into the mid-town Toronto Cedarvale Ravine.
Description by Drew Mandel Architects
This in-fill residential project is located at the threshold into the mid-town Toronto Cedarvale Ravine.
Circulation modulates through a series of intimate and expansive spaces and courtyards to a glass-enclosed single-story volume at the rear of the property. It is the kitchen and family room and the heart of the house. Large expanses of glass dematerialize the stone building in order to engage and connect to its protected woodland setting. A cantilevered second story volume frames views, gestures to the landscape and allows the re-naturalized ravine planting to be drawn farther into the site.
This abstract structure is intent on celebrating the everyday rituals of residential life and enhancing the slow unfolding experience of a special site.
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects
- Cabin Norderhov by Atelier Oslo
- House Hohlen by Jochen Specht
- Home in London by Otten & Partners Architects