Farmhouse Renovation by Historical Concepts
In a small town of Senoia, Georgia, a tired 19th century home was relocated and transformed into a charming farmhouse.
Description by Historical Concepts
Continuing its relationship with both the small town of Senoia, Georgia, and Southern Living, Historical Concepts provided architecture for the magazine’s 2012 Idea House – its first ever historic renovation project. Over a period of seven months, a tired 19th century home was relocated and transformed into a charming farmhouse. Multiple renovations had masked much of the historic character, so the restoration began by peeling back generations of changes to uncover the essence of the 1830s home. The design team then set out to salvage what remained of the home’s original materials, retaining heart pine floors and hand planed wall boards. Additions sympathetic to the style and massing provided room for porches, a laundry room, mud room, office and carriage house, accommodating modern living while staying true to the home’s architectural heritage and rural roots.
- Farm House Remodel by Evolution Design
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- Modern Farmhouse by Christine Curry Design
- Farmhouse in Girona by Gloria Duran Torrellas
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Historic Farmhouse by Special Umbria
- Farmhouse by Jim Murphy and Associates
- Modern Farm House by Bunsa Studio
- Nature’s Gate by Swan Architecture
- Farm House by Join Constructions