Hamptons House by David Howell Design
Spacious contemporary three-storey single family residence designed by David Howell Design located in Hamptons, New York.
Description by David Howell Design
Building restrictions limited the architectural intervention to structural repair only. Within these parameters, the house was fully stripped down and its flow reoriented to the outdoors, with 280° views of the beach as well as the bay on a protected wetland site. The exterior was also uniformly re-shingled in natural cedar typical of the region.
The interior’s traditional vernacular was replaced with more modern gestures, including simplified millwork and enlarged openings between rooms. Elements are designed to elongate the spaces and echo the horizon in the landscape. Expanses of slab stone or tile around fireplaces, in baths and in the kitchen introduce texture and color. A repeating palette of soft greys and whites, turquoise, and bright orange unifies the decor in an upbeat vein.
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects
- Cabin Norderhov by Atelier Oslo