A Wurster Revival by Butler Armsden Architects
Butler Armsden Architects completely redesigned this 1939 William Wurster house situated in Pacific Heights, California.
Description by Butler Armsden Architects
Originally designed by William Wurster and built in 1939 on a wide, high street in Pacific Heights, our client purchased this home to serve as a west coast outpost for his family who live primarily in New York but maintain homes around the world. The design was informed in part by a reading of “In Praise of Shadows” by Junichiro Tanizaki and became a synthesis of the early Wurster aesthetic, with a new palate of natural, pure and casually beautiful materials, punctuated by a global collection of art and objects.
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects