Currimundi Beach House by Loucas Zahos Architects
Loucas Zahos Architects recently designed this contemporary beach residence situated in Currimundi Beach, Australia.
Description by Loucas Zahos Architects
Designed primarily as a holiday house, the Currimundi Beach House captures the essence of being away from routine, inviting relaxation, retreat and enjoyment of the spectacular beachfront location it shares.
From the street, the site rises sharply and the deliberate massing of the two level pavilions at the front of the house offers a dignified frontage to the street while maintaining privacy for the internal spaces beyond. Once inside, the house delights in its scale and detailing.
Expressed structural timber posts and operable glass walls create an immediate sense of connection to the landscape without a sense of exposure or loss of privacy.
Well lit living areas share access to an internal courtyard and deliberately become less formal as they progress away from the street towards the beach. Modest sized bedrooms are located on the upper level and internal finishes throughout are refined, well detailed and carefully constructed.
Products You May Like
- JI-House by Craft
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton