House in Penafiel by Graciana Oliveira
Minimalist single family residence designed in 2012 by Graciana Oliveira located in the town of Penafiel, close to Porto, Portugal.
Description by Graciana Oliveira
In a new area of the city, overlooking the city park, the conditions of implantation, areas and levels, have already been defined in the site.
The ground level is 1.50 meters above the level of the sidewalk. Snipping the wall above this height minimizes its impact. The sight of this fence wall is hardly noticed when we are inside.
We intend to create volumetric purity, an austere, compact and monochrome volume. The color, dark gray, is used for an intentional perception of reducing the scale of the house in relation to the site.
In opposition to the dark and stern outside, in the inside the intention was to create a calm, clear and white space.
A free plan is used without losing the definition of each space and the functionality of the whole. Circulations appear as a block, on the north side, maximizing the south orientation for the main part of the house program.- by Matt Watts
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects
- Cabin Norderhov by Atelier Oslo