La Sentinelle by Naturehumaine
This contemporary single family property recently completed by Naturehumaine is situated in Quebec, Canada.
Description by Naturehumaine
After selling their previous country house because of the lack of natural light, a couple and their 3 kids decided to buy an empty lot and build a custom home to better suit their needs. They found a parcel of land with southern exposure at vast views of the lake ‘Lac-de-la-Cabane’.
The constraints of the site led to an L shaped footprint where an east-west oriented rectangular block was placed at the top of the topography, and a north-south oriented block was slid underneath. The upper block contains the living spaces and master bedroom, and the lower block, also known as the ‘kids zone’, contains the 3 children’s bedrooms and a games room.
A folded roof rises from the lower block covering the upper block and extending towards the cliffs edge as if it were about to take off, reminiscent of the wings of a bird. We see the house as a bird sitting at the edge of the cliff overlooking the lake, which is where its nickname ‘The Sentinel’ comes from.
Products You May Like
- JI-House by Craft
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- Ribbon Chapel by Hiroshi Nakamura & NAP
- Modern Ranch by Poet Interiors
- Wooden Interior by Coblonal Arquitectura