Blairgowrie Residence by InForm Design & Pleysier Perkins
Blairgowrie Residence is the first in an exclusive seven house development by InForm, set amongst the sand dunes adjacent to national park on Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula.
Description by InForm Design & Pleysier Perkins
The architecture is sharp and modern, juxtaposed against a native undulating landscape, but softened with a material palette of timber, cement render over masonry, concrete and local stone. These materials comply with bush fire regulations and will age gracefully in the harsh coastal environment.
Maximising its setting, with careful consideration for orientation and aspect, the design is characterised by a long lineal roof plane, cantilevered over a deck that runs almost the entire northern side. All living spaces and the master bedroom open to the deck which flows to the garden via ‘floating’ precast concrete steps and the pool terrace. A deep loggia forms a protected outdoor living space, with cut outs creating a dynamic light play across the timber deck.
The second Blairgowrie House is currently under construction and is due for completion in April 2014.
Products You May Like
- Vivienda Tres Torres by Pablo Peyra
- Modern Urban Home by Y Designs
- JI-House by Craft
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2