Clovelly Residence by Tzannes Associates
Modern concrete single family house designed by Tzannes Associates located in Clovelly, Sydney, Australia.
Description by Tzannes Associates
The residence forms a L-shape to create a protected enclave and to maximise solar access, natural ventilation and aspect as well as utilising energy efficiency by including 3 water tanks, reverse brick veneer walls, sun control louvres and shutters, natural ventilation, hot water solar panels and photo-voltaic cells.
The building has an expressed off-form concrete structure with flush oiled infill timber panelling, providing an honesty of form and legibility of structure. The robust materials compliment the natural cliff reserve setting, with the restricted material palette continuing through to the interior. Polished concrete floors turn up to form the monolithic kitchen island bench which accommodates a cooking range, commensurate with the clients love for food. Internal timber joinery and wall linings utilise the same external timber species; tallowwood.
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Home in Eltham North by Crib Creative
- House in Albert Park Village by Kirsty Ristevski
- Dorman House by Austin Maynard Architects
- South Yarra Residence by Urban Angles
- Rye Residence by Urban Angles
- The Nelson by Dale Alcock Homes
- 1940s Remodel by Nic Owen Architects
- Writer’s House by Branch Studio Architects
- Contemporary House by R.Z.Owens Constructions