Clovelly Residence by Tzannes Associates
Modern concrete single family house designed by Tzannes Associates located in Clovelly, Sydney, Australia.
Description by Tzannes Associates
The residence forms a L-shape to create a protected enclave and to maximise solar access, natural ventilation and aspect as well as utilising energy efficiency by including 3 water tanks, reverse brick veneer walls, sun control louvres and shutters, natural ventilation, hot water solar panels and photo-voltaic cells.
The building has an expressed off-form concrete structure with flush oiled infill timber panelling, providing an honesty of form and legibility of structure. The robust materials compliment the natural cliff reserve setting, with the restricted material palette continuing through to the interior. Polished concrete floors turn up to form the monolithic kitchen island bench which accommodates a cooking range, commensurate with the clients love for food. Internal timber joinery and wall linings utilise the same external timber species; tallowwood.
- Fitzroy North Home by Zunica Interior Architecture & Design
- Blairgowrie House by Powda Con
- Barwon Heads Villa by Bower Architecture
- Wooden Box House by Moloney Architects
- Hide and Seek House by Bower Architecture
- Burnley Residential Renovation by DX Architects
- Contemporary House by Madden Building Group
- Contemporary House in Brisbane by Matt Martoo
- Mosman House by Tanner Kibble Denton Architects
- Contemporary House in Attadale by Imperial Homes