Chalon Residence by Dynerman Architects
Contemporary three-storey residence situated on a wooded site in Bethesda, Maryland, United States. It was designed by Dynerman Architects for a young couple and their 6 children.
Description by Dynerman Architects
Located on a 2 acre site wooded site in Bethesda, MD this house will be the home of a young couple and their 6 children. The project is comprised of a 24,000 sq. ft. main house, a small guest house and a pool & pergola. Our design looks to fuse a modern openness and sensibility with a rusticity conveyed in the use of materials and textures. Facing a large stand of old growth hardwoods the exterior envelope of the ground floor is predominantly floor to ceiling glass. The upper floors held aloft with a system of fir posts & beams. Anchoring the assembly to the ground are stone chimney masses.
The less expected programmatic components are: a dining room that will seat 40, an in-house squash/basketball court, and promises to afford spectacular views the home office perched on the third floor high among the branches.
Products You May Like
- Living Mansarda by BFA - Barbara Fassoni Architects
- Lazadenas Apartment by Molins Design
- Cabbagetown Coach House by Core Architects
- Contemporary Home by Kata Koppany
- Glass and Stone Oasis by Merle
- Familny Apartment by Za-Za Interior Design
- Eichler X-100 by Lucile Glessner Design
- PURO Kraków Kazimierz by Conran and Partners
- Mountain House by Gangoly & Kristiner Architekten
- Apartment in Barcelona by Egue Y Seta