Terrace House by Atelier M + A
Situated in Singapore, this 60-year old strata-titled terrace house was completely redesigned by Atelier M + A.
Description by Atelier M + A
This is a renovation works of a 60-year old strata-titled terrace house for a young family. The original condition of the house was divided into multiple small rooms, and being a house with a linear layout the interior was poorly lit. We removed the original partitioned rooms and combined them into an unobstructed space for the living, dining and kitchen space.
The walls between the living spaces and the verandah were also removed and replaced with sliding folding door panels with glass inserts. The interior immediately opens up and merges with the exterior. Skylights along the linear layout of the house were also incorporated to lit the bedrooms located further back of the house.
The young family loves traveling and had an eclectic collection of paintings, furnishings and furniture. The finishes of the interior were kept minimal and bare to provide a framework for the owners’ palate of eclectic furniture and paintings. The charm of the old house is retained with minimal intervention, yet the the house is instilled with a refreshed vitality.
- House in Singapore by JOW Architects
- Through House by Materium
- Apartment in Saint Petersburg by Artstudio Design & Construction
- Inspiring Home by Giuseppe Baldi
- Cornwall Gardens by Chang Architects
- Garden House by Wallflower Architecture + Design
- Toh Yi House by Ming Architects
- KAP-House by ONG&ONG
- Studio Apartment by Vievva Designers
- Eclectic House in Austin by AHS Design Group