Bolton Residence by _naturehumaine
This contemporary country house was designed in 2014 by _naturehumaine. It’s located in East Bolton, Quebec, Canada.
Description by _naturehumaine
Having bought a beautiful plot of wooded land in Quebec’s Eastern Townships, the client dreamt of building a country house that would be in perfect symbiosis with its natural environment. This rugged, sloped site came to a natural plateau just below its highest point, becoming the perfect location to erect the house.
The house is characterized by two stacked volumes; a wooden clad volume anchored into the mountain supports a cantilevering ground floor volume above. This gable roofed volume raised into the air gives the sensation that the house is floating amongst the trees. Vast views of Mount Orford and the valley below are framed by a long horizontal strip window. The kitchen and master bathroom are carved out of a black volume at the center of the house dividing living spaces from the master bedroom.
Photography by Adrien Williams + David Dworkind
- Three Room Apartment by KDVA Architects
- Beach House by Brandon Architects
- House in Mysłowice by Czajkowski Kuźniak Architekci
- Modern Oasis by Stofft Cooney Architects
- Glenhaven Residence by Abramson Teiger Architects
- Aspen Home by DESIGN STUDIO Interior Solutions
- Sustainable House by Day Bukh Architects
- Project A by Laurène Baratte
- Barwon Heads Villa by Bower Architecture
- Wooden Box House by Moloney Architects