Bolton Residence by _naturehumaine
This contemporary country house was designed in 2014 by _naturehumaine. It’s located in East Bolton, Quebec, Canada.
Description by _naturehumaine
Having bought a beautiful plot of wooded land in Quebec’s Eastern Townships, the client dreamt of building a country house that would be in perfect symbiosis with its natural environment. This rugged, sloped site came to a natural plateau just below its highest point, becoming the perfect location to erect the house.
The house is characterized by two stacked volumes; a wooden clad volume anchored into the mountain supports a cantilevering ground floor volume above. This gable roofed volume raised into the air gives the sensation that the house is floating amongst the trees. Vast views of Mount Orford and the valley below are framed by a long horizontal strip window. The kitchen and master bathroom are carved out of a black volume at the center of the house dividing living spaces from the master bedroom.
Photography by Adrien Williams + David Dworkind
- Mountain Loft by Seryjny Projektant
- MLA House by Jacobsen Arquitetura
- Villa Boscana in Spain
- Peter's House by Studio David Thulstrup
- JKO House by Jacobsen Arquitetura
- House in Dallas by Coats Homes
- Beach House by Denton House Design Studio
- AB House by Jacobsen Arquitetura
- Home in Tennessee by Hastings Architectural Associates
- Residence in La Pineda by Jaime Prous Architects