In Plein Air by Ken Linsteadt Architects
Modern country residence designed by Ken Linsteadt Architects situated in Sonoma, California, United States.
Description by Ken Linsteadt Architects
Turning an eye to the outdoors, this metamorphosis of a traditional Tuscan villa into a modern country home frames the oak-studded beauty of the Sonoma wine country landscape from every window. The owner’s reclaimed timber business set the earthy natural palette: recycled oak, steel windows, hand-troweled plaster walls, and concrete floors and counters. The reconfigured floor plan of the main house includes a rough-hewn timber catwalk around the double height living room, juxtaposed with steel supports and glass railings. The kitchen, which was moved to the north side of the house, opens onto the pool terrace with a large steel and glass tilt-up window that does double duty as a canopy over the outdoor bar.
Products You May Like
- Williams Island Blvd by Mila Design
- Highland Village by M+A Architecture Studio
- Miami Beach Island Home by Choeff Levy Fischman
- Delray Beach Residence
- Dog Trot Residence by Carney Logan Burke Architects
- Miami Residence by Sabal Development and TOGU Architecture
- Lake Chelan Hideaway by Hoedemaker Pfeiffer
- Whidbey Island Home by Hoedemaker Pfeiffer
- House in the Lanes by MB Architecture
- River Ranch by Michael Hsu Office of Architecture