In Plein Air by Ken Linsteadt Architects
Modern country residence designed by Ken Linsteadt Architects situated in Sonoma, California, United States.
Description by Ken Linsteadt Architects
Turning an eye to the outdoors, this metamorphosis of a traditional Tuscan villa into a modern country home frames the oak-studded beauty of the Sonoma wine country landscape from every window. The owner’s reclaimed timber business set the earthy natural palette: recycled oak, steel windows, hand-troweled plaster walls, and concrete floors and counters. The reconfigured floor plan of the main house includes a rough-hewn timber catwalk around the double height living room, juxtaposed with steel supports and glass railings. The kitchen, which was moved to the north side of the house, opens onto the pool terrace with a large steel and glass tilt-up window that does double duty as a canopy over the outdoor bar.
- Ski Home in Park City by Phillips Development
- House in LA by Fran Silvestre
- Home in Mutiny Bay by Hoedemaker Pfeiffer
- Mountain Loft by Seryjny Projektant
- House in Dallas by Coats Homes
- Home in Tennessee by Hastings Architectural Associates
- Luxury Penthouse by Willoughby Construction
- Equestrian Retreat by Lorrie Browne Interiors
- Art House by Cioffi Architect
- Historic Farmhouse by Special Umbria