Ocean Deck House by Stelle Lomont Rouhani Architects
This contemporary ocean front residence was recently completed by Stelle Lomont Rouhani Architects.
It’s located in Bridgehampton, New York, United States.
Description by Stelle Lomont Rouhani Architects
This ocean front residence captures the sense of indoor-outdoor living by introducing large cantilevered decks and roof decks. Designed for an active family who loves to cook and entertain, the ability to do so on each level is a driving element. As a measure to preserve the integrity of the dune, the house is pulled back from it to create three distinct experiences on each level. The ground level is nestled behind the dune and provides for a mixed wood and concrete paved patio with a pool, outdoor fireplace and covered ping-pong area. Areas on this level intended for storage and lower level entry are enclosed by a combination of glass and concrete walls. The main floor is accessed from an exterior cantilevered stair that leads to the central light filled atrium. This main level houses all the bedrooms and a centrally located family room. This house is designed as an upside down house, giving the most spectacular views to the living, dining and kitchen on the top floor. This floor takes advantage not only of the southern exposure and views, but provides for adequate solar control. The main deck allows for an extensive herb and vegetable garden, outdoor cooking, entertaining, and lounging.
Architects Team: Viola Rouhani, Luca Campaiola, Jessica Twiggs
Builder: Fred G. Lappe General Contracting Inc
Consultants: Edmund Hollander Landscape Architect
Photography by Matthew Carbone
- Apartment in Barcelona by Cometa Architects
- Ponce Davis Residence by Choeff Levy Fischman
- Coldwater Canyon Residence by Ehrlich Yanai Rhee Chaney Architects
- E2 Apartment by Tchenguelieva Staynov Architects
- Casa N by Cheng Franco Arquitectos
- Noho Loft by Motiani Design
- Home in Larchmont by colorTHEORY Boston
- 3ShoeBox House by Ofis Arhitekti
- Casa Kae by Soco Interiors
- House Remodel by Elton R Construction