Henbest Residence by Robert Sweet
This midcentury single family house originally designed by Pierre Koenig was remodelled and extended in 2011 by Robert Sweet.
It’s situated in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.
The clarity of Pierre Koenig’s original vision is enhanced by designer Robert Sweet’s sensitive re-interpretation, and expansion of the Henbest Residence in Rancho Palos Verdes. The key to maintaining the spirit of Koenig within the context of change is Sweet’s studied simplicity of form, and his use of materials which don’t slavishly copy the original fabric, but quietly acknowledge and compliment Koenig’s overall body of work. The result is a new expression of the modernist aesthetic which, with its further elimination of indoor-outdoor distinctions, brings the celebrated California Modern lifestyle solidly into the 21st century while still maintaining the best of mid-century modernist concepts. The residence which overlooks the ocean includes: Living room, den, home office, open plan dining/kitchen/family zones, 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, patios, pool, spa and attached two car garage.
Photography courtesy of Coastal Luxury Living- by Matt Watts
- Wine Country Farmhouse by Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
- Los Altos Residence by Bohlin Cywinski Jackson
- Healdsburg House by Dotter & Solfjeld Architecture + Design
- Modern House by Mondo Builders
- Ponce Davis Residence by Choeff Levy Fischman
- Coldwater Canyon Residence by Ehrlich Yanai Rhee Chaney Architects
- Noho Loft by Motiani Design
- Home in Larchmont by colorTHEORY Boston
- Casa Kae by Soco Interiors
- House Remodel by Elton R Construction