Henbest Residence by Robert Sweet
This midcentury single family house originally designed by Pierre Koenig was remodelled and extended in 2011 by Robert Sweet.
It’s situated in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.
The clarity of Pierre Koenig’s original vision is enhanced by designer Robert Sweet’s sensitive re-interpretation, and expansion of the Henbest Residence in Rancho Palos Verdes. The key to maintaining the spirit of Koenig within the context of change is Sweet’s studied simplicity of form, and his use of materials which don’t slavishly copy the original fabric, but quietly acknowledge and compliment Koenig’s overall body of work. The result is a new expression of the modernist aesthetic which, with its further elimination of indoor-outdoor distinctions, brings the celebrated California Modern lifestyle solidly into the 21st century while still maintaining the best of mid-century modernist concepts. The residence which overlooks the ocean includes: Living room, den, home office, open plan dining/kitchen/family zones, 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, patios, pool, spa and attached two car garage.
Photography courtesy of Coastal Luxury Living- by Matt Watts
Products You May Like
- Miami Estate by DKOR Interiors
- North Hibiscus House by Borges + Associates Architects
- Upper Rockridge Residence by AAA Architecture
- Kenwood Residence by Upscale Construction
- Martis Camp 141 by Faulkner Architects
- Mount Si Modern by Rose-Leigh Design
- Hide Out by Dan Brunn
- 505 2nd Street Apartment by Ash NYC
- Jaglana Apartment by Raca Architekci
- Barton Hills Residence by Brett Grinkmeyer Architecture